Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pictures from Paris



now that we've all seen Sienna's tits (last post), let's see what's up in Paris.

Overall, the city hasn't changed so much...except for in the shopping department...chain stores seem to be taken over as they are everywhere. Chanel is still where it's always been (although it seems they've added some extra locations). Best shopping in my mind (if you don't have loads of cash to blow at Lanvin or YSL) is to go to Le Maurais and Oberkampf. Aside from all the well know semi high end french favorites, there were tons of good shoe shops. We saw some familiar brands (for instance Repetto) but it seems the french selection is a bit trendier than I've seen in NYC. I was lusting for some electric blue and black Repettos and neon lace Melissas. I also stopped by the Maud Frizon boutique on Saint Honore. They were having a super sale but of course none of the shoes I wanted were in my size.


Old School



A full block of Chanel on Rue Cambon - I've died and gone to heaven


Pierre Cardin - love it! so retro 60's


New School

Unfortunately COLETTE was closed for renovations. They had a mini pop up in Place de Marche but it is so mini it you can see everything from the window.



Rayban Madness on the Champs. They had every imaginable two tone combination you could think of. 180 euros. Ouch.


Oberkampf had some great vintage shops and it's always nice to stop in Cafe Charbon for a drink or two or three...close by is the Republique area where I stopped by SURFACE TO AIR and picked up an oversized dip dyed tshirt dress and a cute basic polo (they were also having their summer sale). They also had some awesome women's pieces that I have not seen in the US but I cringed when I did the math with the exchange rate. Hopefully Opening Ceremony will be carrying some of this stuff soon and it will probably cost less than in does in Paris!

Surface to Air on Rue Charlot


My last stops in Bastille included a fantastic Vintage shop on Rue de La Roquette - the shop had these two huge clear plastic bags of boots, worn down 501's (great for shorts), and a buttload of black basic Member's only jackets. I could have bought like 20 pairs of boots but there is no way for me to get them home. Oh yeah, and they were having a sale too!

Art in Paris. I had no time to stop inside the Louvre or any other big museum so I decided instead to stop by the Museum of Photography to check out the Annie Leibovitz show that I missed in Brooklyn. Really great, although I felt it was a bit small. Other exhibits showing there were good - pics of Cuba and the cafe looked like a nice stop but I had no time.

As for street art, there was a lot less than I remember. Lots of bad graffiti and a few stencil pieces. Nothing like in Berlin.







No comments: