Sunday, February 3, 2008

Okay, it's time for some fashion ladies

Erin Featherstone (photos: IMAXTREE)




fashion week's already started and I'm still sick in bed with that nasty flu that's taken over Manhattan. I've already missed shows (FORM at the New Museum, did anyone go?) and the United Bamboo after party at 205. I opted to watch SICKO at home. But hey, who needs to go when you can see it all on NYMAG the next day??? Wait, back to SICKO. If you haven't seen this Michael Moore film you really should. It made me seriously consider moving to France or England. Americans are so getting jacked when it comes to Healthcare.

So back to fashion.....sorry for that rant....

So far my favorites include cute mix and match luxe fabrics from Erin Featherstone and the cute bustier dresses at Abaete, the dress of the season in my opinion. You saw Sweet Pea and Ricky from Project Runway do them and Abaete did them in array of fabrics. It's really an extended pencil skirt. Love it.

Bustier Dresses by Abaete and Sweet Pea





Speaking of Project Runway, I did force myself to down some ROBITUSIN so I could make it to my friend Victorya Hong's debut fashion show at the Mercedes sposored part of Fashion Week. Not bad, for getting kicked off the show? The place was packed with editors and the usual fashion foo foos so we barely got a seat ourselves. Great Capes and Coats and a surprise hint of Neon. She carried a tuxedo & cumberbund theme throughout the very wearable collection. Overall I must say the show ran as smooth as could be, no trips, DJ goofs, nothing. Afterwards we stopped at CAFETERIA for a something to eat. I hadn't been there in years and then off to HIRO for her afterparty. Funny to see many of the Project Runway contestants, especially to see Christian in person. He must be like 5 ft tall tops with about 6ft of attitude. I hope he wins.

below: looks from Victorya's Fall 2008


No comments: