Sunday, February 17, 2008

Books: Tall Tales by Jerry Hall


I was never that into Jerry.....I always considered her Bianca's arch nemesis. But I will tell you she has lived a pretty extra-ordinary life. I went on a Amazon.com groupie book binge and "Tall Tales" by Jerry Hall has got be one of the best tell alls so far. Miss Hoot and Holler was dirt poor, raised in Mesquite Texas..yet, pulled herself from her boot straps, went to Paris where she was discovered by a wealthy Tunisian Owner of a Modeling Agency. She was roomates with Grace Jones, was photographed by Helmut Newton, hung out in cafes with Simone DeBouvoir, spent a year or so as Bryan Ferry's fiance that is until she started a torrid love affair with Mick and I guess you can say the rest is history. I recommend this great book for it's so fab stories and even better pics.

Jerry on the cover of Interview Magazine, circa 1978

No comments: