Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vashtie's Super Sweet 16


Vashtie has a thing for 1992..and if you do the math if she was born in 1992 (also one of my favorite years for hip hop) she would in fact be turning 16 this year. Anyhow, Vashtie and her partner Oscar put on an amazing party called 1992. It's really one of the best parties out there - usually they have it at R Bar. It completely takes me back to the golden era of hip hop: all the live shows (De la Soul, LOTNS, BDP, Ultra Magnetic MC'S) and great clubs like Home Base in NYC and Mr. Fives in SF. Anyhow, let me not date myself! I'm not a big fan of LOTUS but it's worth trucking uptown to the Meatpacking District for this birthday bash. Expect to hear all the classics but also all the osbcure stuff that most people slept on the first time. If I'm not too much of a grandma after Goldfrapp I will be there!

No comments: