Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Comme Des Garcons design for Converse

This evening I was reading the Metro paper and came cross the article on head designer Rei Kawakubo designing for Converse.
The shoes will be sold at Opening Ceremony. I didn't see them yet on the website.

I did some research and found an article on NBC New York website.
They said that "Converse kicks will hit the U.S. later this month at Comme des Garcons stores across the city, as well as select retailers that sell Comme des Garcons Play. Then, come October, the rest of the nation will be able to buy one of the four new styles -- two high-top sneakers and two oxfords, all emblazoned with the signature heart and eyes".
I love Converse shoes. The converse styles I have seen are the Jack Purcell and the hi-top. These are super cute shoes but the price seems kind of high for Converse.

No comments: