Friday, November 23, 2007

Viva Italia!

Ciao from Italy!

Today is my last day in Italy, and Im currently spending it in Venice. I arrived here a couple of days ago, fresh from Florence. Today we attempted to visit the Palazzo Grassi, a popular contemporary museum, however it was closed due to the change of exhibitions. While I was in Florence, I was lucky enough to see the CONTRA MODA exhibit, which featured such legendary designers as Issey Miyaki, Madame Gres, and Dolce & Gabbana (which believe it or not, are not as popular in Italy as the Japanese designers). Yesterday, I went to the Island of Murano, where you can see Masters and their Assistants blowing glass, melding it into such forms as glasses, chandeliers, or figurines. We were warned against purchasing fakes in Italy that could easily have been shipped in from China, and to constantly be on the lookout for the Murano Glass sticker.
More to come when I return...

(These Italian keyboards are quite tricky and my internet is running out!!!!)

Arrivederci!

Christine

No comments: